Finding a senior care community for your loved one can feel overwhelming. After all, deciding where to call home for the next chapter of life is a big decision for them (as well as for you). But finding the perfect senior living community is not something you have to navigate alone. Arrow Senior Living Advisors (“Arrow”) can guide you step-by-step to help you find the best senior living solution for your loved one’s lifestyle and needs.
What Is a Senior Living Advisor?
Arrow help individuals find the perfect senior care community for themselves or their loved ones. Also known as a senior care consultant, senior living care professional, or eldercare advisor, they are highly familiar with eldercare communities and deeply knowledgeable about the care facilities across the country. This helps them source reputable, high-quality options for your loved one to call home. From independent living options to assisted living to memory care communities, Arrow ensure the transition into senior living is easy, stress-free, and seamless.
Benefits of Using Arrow
- Senior Housing with a Personalized Approach: The primary role of a Senior Living Advisor is to listen. By understanding your loved one’s desires, they can take a personalized approach to find the best fit for them. Your Senior Living Advisor will understand that each transition into a senior care community varies between individuals. For example, the best fit for one person might not be the ideal living situation for another - While some individuals might need an independent living community, others might just need to move into a smaller home. Your Senior Living Advisor will keep your loved one in mind throughout the entire process, treating them as the unique individual they are.
- Custom Senior Living Options Catered to Your Needs: You and your loved one will be presented with senior care community options that are solely tailored to your loved one’s needs.
- It is No Cost to You: Arrow are paid by the senior communities when a resident moves in - This means there is absolutely no cost to you. It is a free, concierge service with the sole purpose of helping you choose the best solution for your loved one.
- Get Peace of Mind: When working with a Senior Living Advisor, you get peace of mind knowing that you will have the best care options presented to you for your loved one, leaving no stone unturned.
- Why You Need an Arrow Advisor: It is no secret there are a lot of emotions involved when it comes to transitioning your loved into a senior care community. So much so, that it can be difficult to make a clear decision alone. A Senior Living Advisor is there every step of the way to help you with the decision-making process. The advisor also knows your desired area very well, which means they can provide you every detail of information you need to make an informed decision (including the details you might not be aware you need to consider). This ultimately saves you time, so you can spend more of your days and weeks with your loved one and less time stressing over the research involved with locating the right fit for a senior care community.
What Special Care Considerations Does Arrow Consider?
The most crucial consideration when selecting a senior care community is that your loved one feels at home. By considering the following elements, Arrow ensures your loved one will have the best solution, making their transition as seamless as possible.
- Lifestyle of Senior Living: What type of lifestyle does your loved one live? Your Arrow Advisor will find out about their hobbies, passions, and preferred day-to-day activities.
- Senior Housing Needs: If your loved one needs help with things such as cooking or bathing, these items will be discussed to ensure the best care is provided.
- Budget: Your budget will be discussed so that you can feel confident your loved one is receiving premium care while respecting your financial comfort.
- Food Options: Does your loved one have any dietary preferences?
- Pets Allowances: Does your loved one have any pets?
- Senior Care Transportation Options: If transportation is needed, those details will be discussed.
Additional considerations are also assessed during the consultation, but the above items are some of the most covered topics.
Four Stages When Working with Arrow
Arrow’s service can be summed up in four stages:
- Free Senior Living Advisor Consultation: The first step in working with Arrow is to have a free consultation. During the consultation, we will listen to the specific needs of your loved one, learn about their lifestyle and day-to-day routines, and understand your budget.
- Review Senior Housing Care Solutions: Once we have a fully comprehensive understanding of what type of community you and they are looking for, we will present you with a shortlist of possible solutions. This list will contain the appropriate information you need to make an educated decision.
- Tour Senior Living Communities: Once you have reviewed the list and have selected some potential options, we will coordinate a tour of selected communities. We only provide our top communities that have passed our strict review.
- Decide On the Best Senior Housing Fit: After on-site visits to the senior care communities, we will be there to answer any follow-up questions that might come up.
Understanding Your Options
We understand this next chapter of your life and your loved one’s life is a highly important one. And with so many options available to you to choose from, it can be helpful to understand the difference between them so that you can make an informed decision on their living arrangements.
- Independent Living: An independent living community is ideal for adults typically over the age of 55-years-old who do not need any assistance with the activities of daily living. For example, if your loved one is still able to cook meals for themselves, use the restroom independently, and generally get around without any assistance, this type of community would most likely be a good fit. Additionally, these communities tend to not offer medical care or medical care staff.
- Assisted Living: An assisted living community is a great option for elderly individuals who are looking for an alternative housing option and need some assistance with daily tasks. This type of assistance can include getting dressed, cooking meals, using the restroom, and bathing. Similar to independent living, these communities tend to not offer medical care or medical staff.
- Memory Care Community: A memory care community specializes in a form of care that caters to individuals with memory difficulties, such as those with Alzheimer’s or Dementia. The goal of these communities is to provide safe, effective care.
At Arrow, we offer guidance every step of the way. We take the time to understand your situation, listening to your needs and preferences to ensure we find the best care solution for your loved one.
- Research: Let us help your family navigate the challenges of moving a loved one into a senior living community. We invest in getting to know both the people looking for new communities and their loved ones, with the goal of providing thoughtful solutions that are suited to the needs and budget of each client.
- Insight: We understand senior care communities are not one-size-fits-all. Your loved one deserves a customized, purposeful approach to their search. Arrow Advisors have answers to your most pressing questions regarding topics surrounding what the accommodations are like, what the food options are, if pets are allowed, transportation options, and of course, ensuring your loved one will feel at home.
- Direction: At Arrow, we provide step-by-step guidance to find the best fit for your loved one’s unique situation. We are there for you and your family during the entire process and offer support and advice during the community selection phase to ensure the transition is seamless.
Our services are always offered free of charge and are accessible to anyone in need of placement advice or assistance.
Want to learn more? Give us a call today at 405-468-9976.